The church grows as new people come to trust in Jesus Christ. To make that response people need to hear the message of who Jesus is, and what he has done, and their need to be ready for his return. As a church we want to make this gospel message known in Gravesend, and the world.
How do we do that?
- Proclaiming this gospel accessibly and persuasively in the regular ministry of the church.
- Equipping every Christian to be able to live out and share this gospel in their daily life.
- Hosting courses such as Christianity Explored, that allow people to investigate for themselves what the eyewitness records in the Bible tell us about who Jesus is, why he came and what it means to follow him.
- Believing that art and aesthetics are important to God we use art to reach out to people with the gospel. Hope Art is a monthly art group based in the chapel which includes a Bible-based talk and in 2012 we ran a community arts project when the whole chapel was turned into an art studio and 46 people came along to paint small canvas squares which were joined together to form The Big Picture.
- Engaging with people in Gravesend outside the chapel. We have an Easter booktable in the town centre, and an open-air service at the town Regatta. We also visit door-to-door in the streets near the chapel in the summer.
- Working alongside the Association of Grace Baptist Churches (SE) in the planting of Grace Church Ebbsfleet, Ebbsfleet to reach a whole new town on our doorstep.
- Supporting mission around the world through prayer, giving and visits to help with particular projects. We currently support a church plant in Bordeaux, France and have close links with the Grace Baptist Mission.